Latest AtScale Platform Release Deepens Relationship Between Two Industry Pioneers Extending Cloud OLAP for Enterprise Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
SAN MATEO, Calif. & BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–AtScale, a leading software provider for advanced analytics, today announced the availability of the AtScale 2020.4 platform, the latest release of its award-winning software. Platform enhancements include new features that extend Cloud Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) capabilities for cloud data platforms, including Snowflake and analytics applications like Microsoft Excel and Tableau. In addition, the AtScale 2020.4 platform includes new functionality for accelerating feature engineering in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) workflows while ensuring consistency and governance of the business inputs.
“We are proud of our long-term partnerships with Snowflake, Microsoft and Tableau,” said Christopher Lynch, executive chairman and CEO, AtScale. “Our joint customers have experienced unparalleled performance and cloud adoption while accelerating the time to realize return on investment. We continue to invest jointly in our customers and our 2020.4 release is no exception.”
Multidimensional OLAP analysis is front and center in a list of required capabilities for organizations to perform fast, accurate business intelligence (BI) and AI analysis in the cloud. Solutions that combine compelling technologies including Cloud OLAP, provide enterprises a competitive advantage when making million-dollar business decisions driven from a Microsoft Excel forecast or Tableau operational dashboard. AtScale’s 2020.4 release further establishes the platform as a core technology for every enterprises’ digital transformation initiatives.
“Adopting AtScale was a fundamental part of our digital transformation. Ultimately we migrated from our Hadoop strategy to Snowflake in a completely transparent way to our end users due to AtScale,” said Mark Stange-Tregear, vice president of analytics, Rakuten Rewards. “AtScale made the evaluation, migration and adoption completely seamless while maximizing our potential ROI.”
Key features and benefits of the AtScale 2020.4 platform release include:
- Deepened Snowflake Integration – AtScale 2020.4 offers new data type handling (including variant), key-pair authentication and native quantile support, adding to AtScale’s existing value add capabilities for Snowflake which include Hybrid Query Service, MDX/OLAP and Autonomous Data Engineering™.
- Expanded Support for Popular BI tools on the Cloud – AtScale’s latest platform release is certified with Tableau 2020.1 and 2020.2 and offers improved connectivity with Microsoft Excel and drill-down behavior suppression. New features help business users analyze data on the cloud. With these new capabilities, AtScale has revolutionized how leading BI tools are meeting the needs of data analysts.
- Increased Cloud OLAP Sophistication – AtScale 2020.4 offers more hierarchical/contextual properties, level-aware metrics, constraint-based measures and navigation/transformation functions to give business users the ability to customize calculations based on complex business realities.
- Extended Security Logic Through Business Logic – Additional, code-free security mechanisms in AtScale 2020.4 enable users to restrict query results based on a user’s ID and/or group affiliation so data that needs to remain secure stays secure.
- Customized Virtual Cube Management – AtScale 2020.4 provides more granular management controls for customers who want to customize the behavior and operation of individual virtual cubes. Now, business users can decide which use cases have higher data latency requirements, real-time data access and optimization settings for data analysis.
To learn more about how AtScale empowers the Global 2000 to tap into the true power of their data, please visit: www.atscale.com.
- Read the “Model, Query and Analyze Data with AtScale and Snowflake” solution sheet.
- Read the “Rakuten Speeds Data Queries and Avoids Business Interruptions with AtScale” case study.
AtScale powers the analysis used by the Global 2000 to make million dollar business decisions. The company’s Intelligent Data Virtualization™ platform provides Cloud OLAP, Autonomous Data Engineering™ and a Universal Semantic Layer™ for fast, accurate data-driven business intelligence and machine learning analysis at scale. For more information, visit www.atscale.com.